One of SMOK's most recent products is the Nord, a unique pod vape. As opposed to disposable pods, the SMOK Nord offers a variety of replaceable coils. There are now three coils accessible. One of the coils is a 1.4-ohm kanthal coil that is suitable for nicotine salt vape juice, which is approximately what one would anticipate from a pod vape.
The Nord begins to stand out from the crowd on the other two coils. Two mesh sub-ohm coil options are now available for the SMOK Nord: a 0.6 ohm DTL mesh coil and a 0.8 ohm MTL mesh coil. In addition to coils that can support various draw methods, it is one of the few pod vapes that also has mesh coils.
If you want MTL drags with nicotine salt, use the 1.4-ohm coil. If you prefer a little bit more flavor and juice with a little less nicotine but still want an MTL draw, use the 0.8-ohm mesh coil. If you enjoy clouds, the 0.6-ohm mesh coil, which can handle richer vape juice, produces incredible clouds for a pod vape.
An Additional Caution!
Consider utilizing the 1.4-ohm coil or, if it's possible, the 0.8-ohm coil if you wish to use nicotine salt vape juice. The 0.6-ohm coil shouldn't be used with nicotine salts. With the other coils, nicotine salt dissolves more easily. Contrary to what would be expected, the 0.6-ohm coil is one of the few pod vapes coils that work well with 70/30 e-liquid. If you experience leakage when using 50/50 juice with the 0.6-ohm coil, think about switching to a thicker vape juice.
There are many levels of resistance available for the Smok Nord Coils. Because of this, each type of coil yields a unique outcome. We'll go over each category in more detail below.
- 1.4 Ohm- The standard Nord coil has a resistance of 1.4 ohms and contains more than 1 ohm. Therefore, the 1.4-ohm coil works best in mouth-to-lung (MTL) applications. MTL is an inhaling technique similar to cigarette smoking. This coil can withstand up to 12 watts of power and is designed for e-liquids with a high concentration of nicotine. For this coil, a maximum of 50% VG e-liquid is advised.
- 1.4 Ohm Ceramic- The resistance of the 1.4-ohm Ceramic Nord coil is more than 1 ohm. Therefore, the 1.4-ohm coil works best in mouth-to-lung (MTL) applications. MTL is an inhaling technique similar to cigarette smoking. Because it is constructed of ceramic, this coil is more durable in terms of functionality. For this coil, a maximum of 50% VG e-liquid is advised.
- 0.8 MTL Mesh- Less than 1 ohm, or 0.8 ohm, is the resistance of the MTL Mesh coil. The 0.8-ohm coil thus offers a powerful mouth-to-lung experience. You can inhale using this coil in the same way as you would with a cigarette. This coil's filament has a mesh structure for rich flavor and copious amounts of smoke. This coil performs noticeably better than the 1.4-ohm coil in terms of power. With this coil, we suggest using e-liquid that has at least 50% VG.
- 0.6-ohm mesh- The resistance of the Nord coil is 0.6 ohm or less than 1 ohm. Therefore, the optimal administration method for the 0.6-ohm coil is direct lung or strong mouth-to-lung. Use a bong or a cigarette to inhale from this coil. This coil's filament has a mesh structure for rich flavor and copious amounts of smoke. 20–25W is the suggested setting for this coil. The 0.6 ohm Nord Mesh coil uses mesh coil technology to provide more flavor and vapor than regular coils. With this coil, we suggest using e-liquid that has at least 50% VG.
What Are The Best Tips To Utilize Them?
You won't be able to use it until the e-liquid has been completely extracted from the coil. To do this, connect the coil first, then wait for a little while to add a few drops of e-liquid. The coil can also be set up and left unattended for ten minutes to allow the e-liquid to fill it. The coil is then prepared for usage. We advise you to consistently use the indicated settings and the appropriate e-liquid ratio. As a result, your coil will last longer and have a bigger effect. The Smok Nord coil typically lasts one to two weeks.
How To Prime Your Nord Coils?
Remove the pod's connection to the device's support structure. If your pod already has juice and a coil, take out the rubber plug, and then pour as much of the liquid as you can into a sink or trash container. In the event that the pod still retains any liquid, have some Kleenex on hand.
- To see the coil, flip the pod over. Simply skip this step if you don't already have a coil fitted.
- By adding juice through the coil's center chimney, you may nourish the cotton-wicking material inside your new coil. Continue until you notice the cotton windows on the coil outside starting to become damp.
- The coil can then be inserted once that is finished.
- In order to insert the coil, locate the hole on the bottom of the pod, and line up the flat sides of the coil with the flat walls that are closest to the hole.
- Fill in when you're ready!
In The End!
We hope that we gave helped you in knowing every small/big detail about the Nord Coils for vaping!